Sunday, July 25, 2010

Team 3

Hmmmm, where to begin?
I arrived in with team 3 on Saturday July 24th. Very thankful that my first trip out of the U.S. was with a seasoned traveller(our team leader Bill Pollock). Even though we have not started work yet,I have had an amazing experience already.
I have met wonderful people.Our team consist of 6 women and 8 men,half I have never met before. Each I am glad to have come on this trip with. I am amazed at how friendly the Kenyan people are. Most touching was meeting the children we are helping to build the home for. Such beautiful children who have so little and yet shared so much with us. We american girl all had children who put braids in our hair.
Church was a great experience and was a lot different than a typical american service but God was there and that is what is important.
Food, oh gracious, I don't even know how to describe what I have eaten. Just good doesn't even do it justice.
I am looking forward to beginning our work tomorrow but if nothing else, I have discovered that I have soooo much. I am blessed beyond and have much more than I need!!!

1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord you are all finally there...including Jeff! We are so proud of you all and know you will do your work "as unto the Lord." We're praying for you and looking forward to your regular updates and pictures when you are able to post them.

    With love and blessings from Leicester, NY!
    Pastor Eric, Deby and Celebrate! Family Church

    ReplyDelete