Thursday, July 29, 2010

Taco Thursday!!



Hello! After much cajoling I finally succumbed to writing tonight's blog. I will start off with a fun fact: taco in Swahili means butt. Therefore, we were not advised to tell any Kenyans that we were eating tacos for dinner tonight. It was difficult for me to contain my excitement, though, and I did let the word slip at least once. On another note, the construction is progressing well. The outside walls on the second dorm are very close to being completely finished, and interior walls are on their way up! Unfortunately, we did lose a tool to the depths of the outhouse. I have carried so many bricks that I am positive my biceps will be twice their current size when I return home. In fact, as a way of erasing doubt from the minds of some foolish men, I demonstrated my strength tonight by performing thirty push-ups in front of the entire team. I must say, it was amazing. =] Now I must be off because these long work days have me exhausted quite early. Enjoy these pictures!

Deborah

2 comments:

  1. Yay for Deborah! You go girl!
    What a fun "taco" fact! We'll have to remember that next time we have Kenyans over for dinner! (laughing..)

    Blessings all around!
    P. Eric, Deby and gang

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Bill - you look like you've gotten some SUN!

    ReplyDelete