Wednesday, August 11, 2010





Working together sifting sand


Christine our great helper


Rolling out the lining for the floors

Team 4 has been blessed with another great day at the work site. The walls on the kitchen are about half way up. Tom and Dave are almost done with the frame for the ringbeam in building 2 and we actually started pouring some of the concrete in it today.Door frames are now being made that the doors actually fit in. We finished cutting all the plastic for under the concrete floors in the first 2 buildings.
We had a heavy downpour this afternoon which slowed things down a bit because without electricity it gets very dark inside during a storm and it's hard to work inside the building. Plus everyone piles inside so it gets a bit crowded. I got to spend time with Ruth scrapping old cement drippings off the windows and talking about the kids. She is such a beautiful soul and you can tell she has love for every one of the 40 some children. She just smiles so brightly when she talks about each one. She never forgets a name and learned all of ours immediately. I'm trying to learn names but not having quite as much luck.
My day ended with the electricity going off in the middle of my shower, which means the water goes instantly cold. I guess I should just be grateful that it started out hot. It was also chipata taco night which we all enjoyed.
I'd like to send a special thanks to all the folks at work who helped me get here. It is everything I could have hoped for and I do miss you just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment